Government of Gilgit-Baltistan, Gilgit-Baltistan Secretariat Finance Department Gilgit, issued notification regarding grant of disparity reduction allowance on the 5th July 2021. Infoghar team will share disparity reduction allowance latest news. Disparity reduction allowance notification issued vide No.Fin-Reg-3(01)/2021. This disparity allowance approved by the recommendations of the Gilgit-Baltistan Cabinet in its 5th meeting held on 13th April 2021. Chief Minister, Gilgit-Baltistan approved this and as endorsed by GB Assembly under Budget Session 2021-22. The Government of Gilgit-Baltistan pleased to grant Disparity Reduction Allowance @ 25% of Basic Pay Scales of 2017 w.e.f 14 March 2021 .
This will admissible to the Government employees from BS-01 to BS-19 working in various Departments of the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan. The civil servants who have never been allowed any additional allowance/allowance equivalent to 100 % or above of Basic Pay Scales (whether frozen or not) or performance allowance. This disparity reduction allowance approved in budget 2021.
Grant Of Disparity Reduction Allowance
- This allowance shall not be admissible to the employees who are drawing additional allowances. These allowances equivalent to 100 % or above of Basic Pay Scales (whether frozen or not).
- The Accountant General Office, GB and District Account Offices shall ensure that no payment in this regard is allowed to any employee of Government of Gilgit-Baltistan who has been availing any additional allowance/allowances equivalent to 100 % or above of Basic Pay Scales (whether frozen or not).
- According Finance division disparity reduction allowance shall be frozen at the level of its admissibility as on 31* March, 2021.
- Grant of disparity allowance notification shall be admissible during leave and entire period of L.P.R. except during extra ordinary leave.
- Allowance shall not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of Pension/Gratuity and recovery of House Rent.
- This allowance shall not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting/deputation abroad.
- This allowance shall be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them, had they not been posted abroad.
Disparity on Running Pay
The term “Basic Pay” shall also include the amount of Personal Pay granted on account of the annual increment (s) beyond the maximum of the existing pay scales. We can say that this disparity reduction allowance @ 25 on running basic pay. The above Disparity Reduction Allowance shall be accommodated from within the budgetary allocation for the year 2021-22.